SignumGame Community
img src="bi2/misc/nav_search.gif" width="50" height="55" border="0" alt=""/> Members List

Go Back   SignumGame Community > General Game Discussion

Old 02-06-2020, 09:30 PM   #1
Balgin
Vallor's Citizen

Default Wake the White Wolf

I'm a little confused by the White Witch Hunter's Contract. He's giving up his current activation (and his next one) to force an enemy in contact to move away from him? If he was forcing them to move towards him that might make more sense.

If we presume that all allies will still make parting strikes on this withdrawing enemy then that makes more sense. Makes the contract more reasonable. It still seems a bit weak 'though as contracts go.

If the contract is in addition to his actions then it might make more sense. It feels as if he might be better off not using it altogether 'though (unless he has another 1 or 2 allies ganged up on the enemy when he forces them to retreat).

The wording feels a bit odd "move ... creature from contact with..." The word from almost feels as if it should be "towards" or "away from" or something like that. Maybe there's a translation issue?

Also I notice the new card format. Not sure how I feel about that right now as I was quite fond of the old format.
Balgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 08:07 AM   #2
Balgin
Vallor's Citizen

I suppose a potential advantage of forcing the enemy to disengage is that the Witch Hunter gets to backstab (essentially a one sided fight in which the enemy does not retaliate). Not sure if it's worth sacrificing his next activation 'though. It might be worth it if the opponnet has gone already so they won't get to go again later in the round (especially if you can then engage them with a secondary model so the Witch Hunter can come and make them disengage again next turn).

I need to brush up on the rules regarding Contract as I haven't played in a while.
Old 02-19-2020, 09:08 AM   #3
Howl
Lovable Barfly

Contract: [text], triggered ability — at the start of the turn of any creature with Contract, the active player can pay 1 Prosperity point and a creature will receive all effects indicated in [text] until end of the active player’s turn.

You can push the creature away, deal backstab, then move into contact and declare an attack.
Howl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 05:32 PM   #4
Balgin
Vallor's Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howl View Post
Contract: [text], triggered ability — at the start of the turn of any creature with Contract, the active player can pay 1 Prosperity point and a creature will receive all effects indicated in [text] until end of the active player’s turn.

You can push the creature away, deal backstab, then move into contact and declare an attack.
I seem to recall some contracts requiring also skipping your next activation with the character (so they'd get to act now but they wouldn't do anything next round). Not skipping the activation makes it much more powerful.